The New 2018 Toyota Prius in Fresno CA
Drivers from Clovis to Madera in search of the perfect vehicle to provide a balance of performance and efficiency should consider a new 2018 Toyota Prius. With industry leading hybrid technology, saving you money at the pump, combined with top tier safety technology and creature comoforts, the 2018 Toyota Prius is a vehicle built to impress.
Read on to learn more or view our inventory of new Toyota Prius hybrid vehicles for sale near Clovis, Madera, Selma, & Visalia and stop in today for a test drive in Fresno, CA!
An Abundance of Safety Technology
The new Prius uses the Toyota Safety Sense smart technology suite to help prepare drivers for potential hazards.
- Lane Departure Alert: If you're traveling faster than 32 mph, Lane Departure Alert can keep an eye on road markings to make sure you don't drift into another lane. If you start to drift without signaling, the system will send both audio and visual alerts. Additionally, it can provide gentle steering corrections.
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: This system uses a radar system to maintain a consistent distance between your Prius and the vehicle in front of you at highway speeds. Set your cruising speed, set your distance, and the system can make minor adjustments accordingly.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: This system is designed to improve awareness and alertness and aims to mitigate collision scenarios. If a potential collision is detected, the system will alert the driver. If needed, the system can automatically employ braking.
- Automatic High Beams: An integrated camera system allows the Prius to automatically switch between high and low beams. That means you can have greater visibility via high beams more often. If an oncoming vehicle or other object is detected, the system can switch back to low beams.
There are safety features outside Toyota Safety Sense, as well.
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Integrated Back Up Camera
- Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers
An Interior Suited for Comfort and Convenience
Toyota knows what it takes for a car to be easy to live with on a daily basis. The automaker designed the new Prius around this idea, packing with everything from comfort amenities and flexible space to media technology and more.
Amenities: Inside the cabin, the Prius balances minimalist design with legitimate comfort. Noise insulation helps create a quiet ride, while available eight-way power-adjustable front bucket seats can help you find the perfect driving position. Other options like a moonroof or push-button start add to the experience.
Media: Prius passengers can access apps, navigation, and more via a standard 4.2-inch Multi-Information Display (MID) or an available 11.6-inch MID. Qi-compatible wireless smart phone charging means you can be ready for mobile device use upon arrival. The available head-up display can bring information with the driver without diverting attention from the road.
Versatility: The new Prius is ready for any journey near Clovis with comfortable seating for up to five passengers. Behind the rear seats, you'll find a convenient 27.4 cubic feet of cargo space. With rear seats folded down, the space expands to 65.5 cubic feet. Plus, its hatchback design means loading cargo is a breeze.
How Does Hybrid Technology Work in the Toyota Prius?
The Toyota Prius has long been a pioneer in the field of hybrid vehicles, leveraging two energy sources for impressive efficiency. The newest generation is no exception.
Peel back the outer layers and you'll find a powertrain that uses both gas and electric power. A 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine works in tandem with an electric motor to produce a combined 166 horsepower. The electric motor also allows improved acceleration via near-instantaneous torque.
While power in the Prius is respectable, its efficiency is the true attraction for many Madera and Selma drivers. Combining the efforts of both its hybrid powertrain and its aerodynamic exterior design, the Prius can reach an EPA-estimated 58 mpg city and 53 mpg highway.
Find the 2018 Toyota Prius in the Central Valley
When you're ready to finally get behind the wheel and take a new 2018 Toyota Prius out for a test drive, we encourage you to stop in to our conveniently located Toyota dealership in Fresno, CA. Here at Michael Toyota, our dedicated Toyota sales team will show you the ins and outs of any model that has caught your eye. Combine our knowledgeable sales staff with our team of financial experts and we'll be able to build a new Toyota Prius lease deal or loan package that accomodates both your lifestyle and budget. We look forward to working with you, and hope to see you soon!